I have my own saying: Real Estate Clean. To me, that means the state my house would have to be in if we were to sell it. Almost devoid of evidence of daily living. I doubt I'll ever get my house that organized and sanitized, but I do have a vision of being totally in control of everything that comes in and needs to be put away. My tolerance level for clutter is way too high, and that works against me, but at least my house is generally clean--if cluttered. Lately, even the dirt is creeping in.
I've been asking advice from a few friends and relatives, and reading a book about feng shui and the need to clear clutter, and I'm getting more determined to take charge of the condition of my home. Success stories so far: a clean area in front of my cedar chest--the floor is visible all the way back to the wall; a completely organized and invitingly usable sewing table; fewer clothes and hangers in my closet, new shelf dividers for all my sweaters, tubs for all my flip-flops and slippers, and each in their own place. My side of the closet is restored to 'walk-in' status.
I'm hoping that by making all this public, I'll be spurred on to keep cleaning and organizing. We'll see.

2 comments:
Ah, i love to de-clutter!
Way to go Mom! Now you just have to take pictures every week and publish them whether they are dirty or not...that will help you keep clean! Love you!
Post a Comment