Saturday, June 14, 2008

Front Flowerbeds

I weeded my front flowerbeds this morning. They look really nice. John helped me dig some of the huge iris out of the alcove flowerbeds, re-arrange some plants, and then brought dirt from the garden to fill in the holes. He's always so helpful. Now I just need to get some annuals planted so the flowerbeds will be full of something besides bare dirt.

Years ago, (before the depression years), I spent alot of time working in my flowerbeds. I've never quite gotten back to them. John says I just need to develop the mindset of working in the flowerbeds weekly--that I can't just plant something and be done. Sounds pretty basic, but I haven't been able to make myself stay current with the necessary weeding and dead-heading. I'm going to try to make that effort as my Father's Day gift to John. To keep the front flowerbeds looking pretty. Ask for updates...and watch for pictures of flowers. With a little luck, I'll be posting some before too long.

No comments: