Sunday, October 25, 2009

Grandbaby # 5

Sarah and Nathaniel went to the hospital at 5:00 on Friday, and Baby Jessica arrived at 6:15 PM. Sarah followed Kathy's example in using hypno-birthing, and delivered without any medication or IV's. What a trouper! Jessica weighed 9 lb. 8 oz., but was originally listed as 10 lb. 11 oz. Don't ask me how they miss-weigh a baby.

Jessica had a little trouble breathing to begin with--she must have inhaled some amniotic fluid. She was making little wheezing noises, and they kept her in the nursery for a good while before bringing her to Sarah. Sarah was in recovery for 3 hours before finally going to her room, so we didn't get a call about the birth until 9:15 PM. And here I'd been worrying all that time about Sarah's labor, and thinking that it was good (at 9:00) that it hadn't been too, too long. Come to find out she'd had the baby 3 hours earlier!

The baby is beautiful with a fair amount of dark auburn hair. Jessica looks alot like what I remember Sarah and Billy looking like, but maybe it's just the size...and the nose :)



5 comments:

Chelsea said...

Congrats!! Jessica is adorable! :)

Stacey said...

Yay! Please tell Sarah and Nathaniel congrats for me!
Jessica is beautiful!

Sarah said...

Cant wait to see her! Congrats on your growing family.

Lisa said...

Awww, she's beautiful. I think she looks like her mommy! Congrats to the parents and grandparents. Isn't it great to have these sweet babies?

Please Pass the Green said...

I'm so glad Jessica made it safely! How exciting to have another granddaughter. Tell Sarah and Nathaniel I'm so happy for them.