
Imagine having so much fabric that you could stack it 18" deep on six banquet tables, as well as piling it to overflowing onto five round banquet tables, as well as spreading a vast selection of notions, patterns, lace, and elastic on sheets spread on the lawn, and do that for 3 weeks straight at a garage sale on a busy street corner! That's the kind of fabric supply I found due to a thoughtful phone call from a neighbor.
While a Lindon family was in process of cleaning out the house of a deceased relative, these stacks of fabric were found. Supposedly the woman didn't really even sew much, she just hoarded. The family in Lindon is emptying the house gradually and selling all the fabric for $1 a yard--and if the fabric is in multiple yard lengths, they round down to the nearest yard! What a find for someone like me--I couldn't believe my good fortune. The yard sale went for two weekends, and they say they'll do it again in two more weeks. Unbelievable.
Those of you who know me may laugh at my purchases...I do have (what I thought was) a sizable fabric stash of my own, but this opportunity was too good to pass up. Plus, I'm about out of kids' fabric. Not any more!! As you can see, I scored. And I didn't even include pictures of the cone thread I was able to buy as well. Huge cones for $2 each. I'll be serging freely for a fair while, and even longer.
I'm sure you realize that these fabric purchases were actually completely altruistic. I do have grandkids to sew for, you know. If I happen to get a darling red skirt and a pretty white knit top out of the deal, well...that's just lucky for me :)

3 comments:
Thanks Mom! That was great to read, but the fabric is more fun in person. Maybe I'll try to come to the next sale. Let me know when it is. :)
Super cool!
I'm jealous! What fun for you!!!!! I'm glad you found the sale, have fun with the rest!
Post a Comment