Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Canning Season




What would fall be without a post about canning? This year's unique weather brought all the peaches and pears on at the same time. Fortunately and unfortunately, there is not an abundant crop of either peaches or pears. The storage room is empty of pears, but still has lots of peaches from last year, so the the pears on the back porch are getting top billing. I've done over 10 dozen quarts of fruit since last Saturday. I'm tired. I'm afraid I'll lose some fruit before I can get it all done, but I'm going as fast as I'm able--and that's all I can do.

2 comments:

Mamasmart said...

thanks for the invitation to visit your blog! It's just like being there. You are still my inspiration when it comes to keeping house. Your canning feats are amazing. My 8 jars of raspberry jam somehow pale in comparison. ha ha Carry on! and good luck!

Louise Hiatt said...

10 dozen quarts!? Just thinking about it makes me tired.