
This first picture is the peak of Angel's Landing, a famous hike in Zion National Park, and the first one John and I climbed while on our recent getaway. I conquered it!! I even bought a shirt that said so :) The scenery is so incredibly majestic throughout the park, and there is no way to truly give scale or perspective to what we saw with our little photos. But I'm posting the photos anyway.
We had a wonderful time. Very relaxing and enjoyable. We not only did the Angel's Landing hike, but also the Riverwalk, Emerald Pools, Weeping Rock hikes. We took a geology course provided by the park and went to see the Checkerboard Mesa, all kinds of cross-bedding geological formations, and even some Bighorn mountain goats. I didn't want to come home!


That's the peak of Angel's Landing behind us, over my left-shoulder, in this self-timed shot. See how high I was!!







If you look at the very first picture, you can see the little stack of stones on the top of Angel's Landing that John is perched on in this picture. Like I said, there's no way to give perspective and scale to the immense grandeur of the scenery.
We're standing on a ledge at the top of Angel's Landing--that canyon behind us is about 2000 feet down.

No comments:
Post a Comment