

We've been to NC--to the Biltmore Mansion, to family gatherings, to Church in Mt. Airy, and totally enjoyed our time with Mama and Daddy. It was so nice to have them all to ourselves! Then John flew home and I went to Rachel's for 4 days of sewing, reading, visiting, shopping, and more sewing. I sewed 30 crazy flower blocks from a Buggy Barn quilt pattern. Ann came and joined Rachel and me one day, and we all had fun examining each others' fabrics and goofing off as we sewed.
Then home again. Time to watch Conference, see grandkids, teach at Newbold FHE, and watch basketball. Now it's a new week. I'm healthy and ready to get back into life. I'm on the treadmill again, but my energy level isn't long-lasting. The kids are closing in on the end of the semester, then one will head to England for Study Abroad, and the other to Brazil to old mission haunts. We all start this Sunday at our new BYU ward in Provo. So many new things.
I had to remind myself this morning of one old thing--the need to pray each morning for guidance so that I keep my priorities straight and do the right things first. I feel like I'm waking up from a 3 month illness, and I need to start fresh doing things right, so I need the Lord on my side. He always knows what's best, and I'm always happiest if I'm doing what He wants.

1 comment:
Thanks for coming! I can't wait to see the finished quilts. I'm excited for your BYU ward, I hope you have a great time there!
Post a Comment