planned for me! (I think I could copy the previous paragraph and insert if for every week of July and it would be pretty much accurate--sewing for trek and wedding.)
S. A. has had two wedding
showers--family, and friends and more family. People were generous and thoughtful. She and N. found an apartment in Orem that will be very nice for them. They've already started carting shower and wedding gifts from here to their currently empty front room.I got to have oral surgery last week--lucky me. I had a bone graft done to replace lost bone around the lower back right implant. Hopefully the gums will grow back nice and tight and prevent any more infection. Had to go for a double-check this morning. Things didn't feel right. Dentist gave me an on-site injection of antibiotic to make sure things heal cleanly. Finally got some pain pills, too. That was especially nice. On the day of the surgery, the dentist assured me the pain wouldn't be 'pain pill' strong because we only dealt with gum tissue and didn't drill into bone. Wrong. I slept 11 hours that night, and dragged the rest of the week. I had a nice bruise on the jawline as well. Melody rescued me by doing all the housecleaning on Saturday.
S. A. and N went through the temple last Saturday. K and S. E. were able to join J and me, as well as N's parents, a sister, and grandpa. It was a positive, peaceful experience. The temple is always a welcome reminder of the eternal perspective, and of Heavenly Father's love for all His children. With all that's going on, I even put my own name on the prayer roll! Is that legal?
Amidst all the busy-ness, babysitting grandkids is always a bright spot.

4 comments:
That picture of the girls on the piano is SO Cute! You didn't tell me you took pictures while they were there, I want copies.
I want some copies too of the kids playing. Very cute. Thanks again for babysitting.
Congrats to S!!! I think that is wonderful.
You sound like you'll have your hands full for awhile!
I used to assist on those oral surgeries/grafts and I'm SOOOO sorry! That is not fun. I hope it heals soon!
Have a wonderful busy week! I was hoping we could come down for the reception, but we are dealing with a faulty car right now and don't trust going too far from home. I'm sad. But I wish you all the best with weddings and trek and sore mouths and funny missionary sons and all the rest that life hands you! And YES, putting your own name on the temple roll is absolutely legal! I love you...
Post a Comment