After 20 years of volunteering to teach music, choir, recorders, etc at the local grade school, I will now be getting paid! I interviewed today for the K-4 Music Teacher position at Timpanogos Academy in Lindon, and came home with the curriculum book and an agreement to sub for two weeks to see if the situation works out all around. If they still like me, and I still like them, I will be official faculty. Cool, huh! I am so excited. Teaching music on a grade school level is what I love. I had a position like this offered to me once before, in Bountiful, but all my kids were still little and I said no. I always wondered if I'd get another chance someday. This opportunity came through a friend who was impressed with me when I directed her boy in a couple of my choirs. She's almost as excited as I am :)
The job will be Mondays and Wednesdays, 10:00-3:00, and Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10:30 to 12:00. The ultimate cushy, wonderful job. Tailor-made for me. Not too many hours, a few more than I'm currently volunteering, but not overwhelmingly so. I will have to give up the volunteer stuff, though. That will be sad. I've loved my years of volunteering at Valley View, but I am super excited to see what I can do in a setting where each grade level comes twice a week, and I can develop an overall strategy for curriculum instead of trying to expose the kids to as much culture as fast as I can in 1/2 hour a week for 4 months.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
That is awesome! I know they're going to love you!
Congratulations!
How exciting! You will be wonderful. Good luck in juggling everything.
Very cool! I hope it all works out for you.
Post a Comment