Ever since John's heart attack we have been inundated with new information...about heart disease, heart physiology, cardiac rehab, diet changes, medications, exercise routines, recipe searches, research into treatments and meds, etc. My brain is reeling. We have read so much and learned so much, yet I am constantly amazed that there is still room in my brain for more input. I wish I had more time to absorb and marinate, though! We just press on, adjusting to changes, being grateful for progress.
John graduated from cardiac rehab with flying colors: he set a new record for number of steps walked in the final 6 minute walk-off. The previous record-holder had been a 42 year old marathoner. John beat his record by 50 steps. He is free to work and progress at his own rate now, letting his body be his guide. His stamina is the thing that holds him back these days, but he's bound and determined to regain full strength, and I think he really will.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
That's so great that John is doing so fantastic already. I'm so, so glad to hear it!
Post a Comment