Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Still More Broccoli!!

Another 10 quart bags into the freezer, and then we pulled up the two long rows of broccoli and planted Swiss chard (and parsley) in their place. John is supposed to have lots of calcium 'from the right sources' for one of several health conditions he is overcoming right now. We had a crop of chard in Bountiful for a year or two. John used to tell the kids it tasted like candy. I don't really remember if they fell for it, but I do remember cooking it frequently. I like it alot better than fresh spinach, so I'm anxious for it to mature enough that I can start to harvest it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You may not remember if we liked it, but I don't even remember having it! I guess it didn't leave an impression whatever way that goes. So is your broccoli all gone or just 1/2 gone now?

Cynthia said...

The two long rows are gone, the two short rows behind the shed are still there.

Rachel and Derrik said...

I love swiss chard! I have two plants that made it this year and I'm amazed at how much they produce. Enjoy!!