John and I will soon start on a new adventure. John was called to be the 1st counselor in a BYU singles' ward. Sid Mortensen is the bishop. John will be sustained a week from Sunday--while we're in NC visiting his parents, and the week after that is General Conference. We won't actually start attending the BYU ward until April, but I'm sure John and Sid will have alot of business before then.
This is something totally new and different for us. When the BYU Stake Pres, Pres. Ford, issued the call he said it would last 3-5 years. Our records will stay in our Pleasant Grove ward, but we won't be attending church with our neighbors. Weird! Pres. Ford said it would be the most fun we've ever had in a calling. John argued good-naturedly about that--he loves the Young Men. And I think Primary Chorister is pretty fun and hard to beat. But Pres. Ford and his counselor, Pres. Pearson were so welcoming and encouraging and positive about everything that their enthusiasm rubbed off on me. I'm excited! And Billy and Melody can choose to attend with us if they want!
We'll enjoy serving with Sid and Janice as well. John and Sid worked closely together in YM until a few months ago, and Janice and I served in the RS presidency together, being released about 16 months ago. We really like them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
You will have so much fun! What a change for you.
I confess, I can't wait for you to get here!
Congratulations, you two! You will be terrific. Happy times at BYU without the stress of dating or pop quizzes...lucky!
Post a Comment