I frequently pester my daughters and daughter-in-law to update their blogs so I can see what's going on with their families. Lately I've been getting a bit of flack for not updating my blog much. I even let the Hiatt reunion go by without posting my pictures--I'm still hoping to do that one of these days. My life is about adjusting right now. Adjusting to having a back injury and having to hold still. Adjusting to a second flare-up of mono, and having to rest. Adjusting to the fact that Billy and Melody are both moving out in the next 7-10 days and I can't do much to help them get ready. Not that they need help, but I'm a mom--I should be scurrying around my house gathering things to help them furnish their apartments. I should be checking to make sure they have adequate linens and dishes. I should be...
I visited with a counselor the other day who had some interesting things to say about my lists of all the things I should be doing. In the meantime, I'm learning the hard way that I can't do all the things I think I should be doing. I can only sit and read, or do hand-work, or rest. So I continue to list the books I've read, (I'm currently catching up on all the Amelia Peabody novels--some of my favorites) while watching the produce on my back porch wilt in the sun. Anybody need any kind of squash? Zucchini, crook-neck, spaghetti, banana...it's all there for the taking. John and I both really enjoy it, so I imagine after the kids leave we'll be eating more of it than we are now.
For now, if I don't post any pictures or write about any fun adventures, it's because I'm icing my back, or applying heat to it, or that I'm too tired to do much of anything. I am improving, though. John and Bishop M gave me a blessing last night and today I can move much more easily. If I progress this much with every day, I'll soon be able to tackle all my lists of things to do. But I have a feeling the lists will be shorter and more manageable.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I'm so sorry you're hurting and sick, Cynthia! It is hard to not be "doing"...I know how you feel. I hope you keep improving everyday, and I will definitely add you to my prayer list. I wish I lived closer to get some of your squash. I still don't have a backyard, but I do have two whopper tomato plants that we're finally harvesting. Yum! Take care, my friend...
Post a Comment