I threw my back out again yesterday. Same exact injury as last summer. Leaning over and suddenly there's a spasm/pop and I can't stand up. Thanks to my wonderful family for being so willing to help. Billy fed me and patiently used the massager on my back and hip. Melody helped me to the couch to watch a movie and listened to all my rambling thoughts on why did this happen and what can I do about it. John took care of my dog, fixed dinner, shopped, and was all around wonderful and attentive.
Then I got a text this morning that we have a grandbaby about to be born. Me and my frozen back aren't very capable of babysitting Jessica at the moment, but Melody was more than willing to be on call, and John offered to skip church. So far, Sarah Anne is just leaking water--no contractions--so we're proceeding with normal church activities. Except me. I just continue to rest and hope the chiropractor can see me tomorrow. I also hope I'll be able to walk well enough to go see a new grandbaby when the time comes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
SOOO very sorry about your back, Cynthia! Hope you are able to see your new grandbaby - congrats to Sarah and Nathaniel and all of you! Feel better quick. I love you.
Post a Comment