Saturday, November 5, 2011

Thanksgiving

I've seen a couple of family/friend blogs containing posts of gratitude in honor of this month of Thanksgiving. I really like that idea and want to join in with my list, daily or weekly--however it turns out. With today being the 5th, I'll list five things for starters.

I'm thankful for a new furnace that is capable of keeping us toasty warm in our comfy house.
I'm thankful for my wonderful husband's encouragement of and confidence in my exercise/ weight loss efforts.
I'm guiltily thankful for large TV's to watch football and movies on!
I'm thankful for the squash from our garden, as well as all the other produce that has now become food storage for the winter.
I'm thankful for many good books that make reading such a pleasure, and for my love of learning that drives me to read a little of everything.

And here's an extra one--I'm thankful for the chance to consider all the things I have to be thankful for! Contemplation is well-spent on gratitude.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I love your list, Cynthia! I'm thankful for a lot of the same things. Have a wonderful November!